share some recipes and dishes that you like to make at home.
thanks to my wife's family, my favorite meal to make is probably fried plantains
- take a few plantains, about 1 for every person. wait til they're ripe, i mean nearly all black (they'll be sweet). cut them up and fry them in some vegetable oil. don't fry them too much, you don't want them to get hard.
- mash up a can of pinto beans (drain them first) and throw it on the stove for a few minutes. homemade refried beans.
- buy some "crema" from the store, or make some by mixing some sour cream with a little bit of milk and salt.
- serve with fresh baked bread and queso fresco
- enjoy however you like. i like to mix the beans and cream and scoop them with the plantains, then finish off with the bread.
I've liked unusual sandwiches my whole life. My favorite by far is chunky peanut butter with bologna & honey syrup poured all between white / wheat bread, then eat with both hands like a beast or a fork+knife combo should you require sophistication.